Results have been based on year end data versus beginning of year.  Assessment of certain emotional, social and behavioural areas is not yet complete due to results being harder to quantify -awaiting additional reports. 

Majority of spend covers the additional staffing costs the initiatives require.

Nursery

As of writing, assessment not complete due to staff illness.

Reception

Targeted Funding

£57,137.29

Spend to 1st May 2015

£29,767.13

Pupils

41

Initiatives

Guided reading, fine motor interventions, behaviour intervention, higher ability phonics/reading group, messy crew, speech and language group, hey diddle, objective led interventions, 1:1 support, reception resources, extra-curricular activities.

Assessment

73% of pupils achieving ‘expected’ improvement in the target areas with the remainder (27%), ‘better than expected’. This is with the exception of one pupil who is awaiting SEN assessment.

Actions

Last year’s initiatives will be applied for the current year group.

Year 1

Targeted Funding

£68,795.43

Spend to 1st May 2015

£47,048.87

Pupils

51

Initiatives

Quality first teaching, interventions (reading, writing, phonics, numeracy, auditory memory, behaviour, EA), donkey sanctuary visit.

Assessment

The results are very mixed 59% of targets were exceeded with the remaining 41% not reached.

Actions

Staffing in Year 1 has been revised with a year lead being put in place to work towards raising standards across the year.

 

Year 2

Targeted Funding

£35,456.63

Spend to 1st May 2015

£31,389.17

Pupils

49

Initiatives

Booster Reading/Writing, Maths Whizz, donkey sanctuary visit, Play Therapy, football, Change4Life, Individual Education Plan, Individual Behaviour Plan, Smarty Crew, Interventions.

Assessment

Around 90% of progress against targets was ‘better than expected’ with the rest being ‘expected’.

 

Due to its cost, Maths Whizz has been looked at separately and it has been decided there is not value for money. Pupils often don’t spend the recommended 60 minutes a week using it and other initiatives like Saturday Morning Boosters have shown to be far more effective.

Actions

Last year’s initiatives will be applied for the current year group with the exception of Maths Whizz.

Year 3

Targeted Funding

£17,892.86

Spend to 1st May 2015

£12,178.63

Pupils

30

Initiatives

Interventions, Accelerated Reading, Basic Skills, Maths Whizz, Maths Assertive Mentoring, Smarty Crew, Sensory Support, Wild Tribe Crew

Assessment

75% of progress against targets was ‘better than expected’ with 23% being ‘expected’. One EAL student didn’t achieve expected targets in reading and writing.

Actions

Last year’s initiatives will be applied for the current year group with the exception of Maths Whizz.

Year 4

Targeted Funding

£24,499.94

Spend to 1st May 2015

£17,280.54

Pupils

44

Initiatives

Interventions, Accelerated Reading, Root Crew, Basic Skills, Maths Whizz, Maths Assertive Mentoring, Inference Reading, After School Boosters, Memory Skills

Assessment

99% of progress against targets was ‘better than expected’. One student achieved expected progress in Maths.

Actions

Last year’s initiatives will be applied for the current year group with the exception of Maths Whizz.

Year 5

Targeted Funding

£51,110.94

Spend to 1st May 2015

£33,124.15

Pupils

32

Initiatives

Interventions, Memory Skills, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Building/Story Sparkers, Toe to Toe, Wild Crew, Maths Whizz, Maths Assertive Mentoring, Word Wasps

Assessment

82% of progress against targets was ‘better than expected’ with 16% being ‘expected’. One student didn’t achieve expected progress in Writing.

Actions

Last year’s initiatives will be applied for the current year group with the exception of Maths Whizz.

Year 6

Targeted Funding

£63,343.67

Spend to 1st May 2015

£50,114.61

Pupils

36

Initiatives

Interventions, Maths Whizz, Maths Assertive Mentoring, Morning/Saturday Boosters, Small Class, Easter Camp, Play Therapy, Personalised Timetable, Tutor Trust, Audio Visual Memory

Assessment

100% of progress against targets was ‘better than expected’.

Actions

Last year’s initiatives will be applied for the current year group with the exception of Maths Whizz.

 

Possibly introducing additional 1:1 sessions for those who cannot make the Saturday morning booster sessions.